So you’ve made the decision to build that new home, or you simply got tired of putting up with the leaks plaguing your current one! Regardless of what led you here, you’ve decided to install a new roof! Understandably, you may have some questions.
Installing a new roof is a large construction endeavor and should not be taken lightly. Major construction can cause disruptions to your day-to-day life, especially when that construction is happening on the roof over your head.
To ease some of the worries that come with a new roof installation, Mammoth Roofing & Solar is here to give you a brief rundown on what you can expect when installing a new roof.
How Long Does A Roof Installation Take?
While most installations can be finished in between one and three days, exactly how long a new roof installation takes depends on a number of factors. Materials, scale and method are all factors in determining how long a job will take.
Different roofing materials require varying levels of effort and different construction techniques. These things both heavily weigh on how long a given job will take. To give a rough estimate, here’s a list of the most common roofing materials and how long they generally take to install:
- Asphalt Shingles — one to three days
- Flat Roof — two to three days
- Metal Roof — two to four days
- Wooden Shingles — four to six days
- Slate Tiles — four to seven days
- Concrete Tiles — eight to nine days
Size Of The Job
One of the biggest and most obvious factors that determine the amount of time and money it takes to get any roofing job done is the size of the roof being replaced. Many times, an estimate will be given that is largely based on the square footage of a roof.
Method Of Replacement
The methods employed in your roof installation will also dictate how long the job takes. The main methods of roof replacement are:
- Roof overlay – Roof overlay is a nonevasive method of roof replacement that involves simply applying another layer of roofing material directly over the existing roof. Out of the options, this method of roof replacement is the most time effective.
- Roof teardown – This more extensive method involves a complete tear-off of the current roof and fully replacing the entire installation. While this method may take longer than the overlay method, it should need to be repaired far less.
Weather plays a huge factor in determining whether or not roof work can be done at all. The ideal conditions for roof replacement are dry and sunny. This means that by far, the best time to get a new roof is in the fall/autumn months. With summer storms mostly out of the way and mild temperatures rolling in, fall is the best time to consider a roof replacement project in the San Antonio area.
Mammoth Roofing Has You Covered
When you are looking for the highest quality San Antonio roof replacement services, Mammoth has you covered! With nearly 20 years behind us providing the most outstanding home services possible, we’re committed to being the last roofing company you’ll ever need.
If you’re tired of the constant repairs and the roof over your head just isn’t cutting it anymore, don’t hesitate to call Mammoth and schedule your roof replacement today!