Your roof is an integral part of your home. It protects your household from the elements, impacts your curb appeal and home’s value, and can affect your monthly energy costs. With so much at stake, don’t trust your roof to just any company. Make the smart investment for your home and your lifestyle with Mammoth Roofing & Solar.
Today’s roofing market offers more options for homeowners than ever before. You can now fully personalize your roof to complete your aesthetic. With different styles, materials and colors, there’s a roof out there for you. Read on to learn about one of the most energy-efficient styles of metal roofing.
What is a Standing Seam Roof?
When it comes to metal roofs, there are two popular systems: screw-down panel and standing seam. Screw-down panel roofs are the most basic form of metal roofing and are found mostly over unheated spaces and garages. This style fastens the metal panels to the frame, using exposed screws.
Standing seam roofs, on the other hand, are connected at the seams with clips and hidden screws. Protecting the screw holes underneath the panels makes this style of roofing system more weatherproof and longer-lasting than other roofing styles.
Types of Standing Seam Roofs
Our team is here to help you navigate your new roofing options. We can help you decide on everything from color and materials to optimizing your budget. The first step is narrowing standing seam roofs down into two categories:
- Snap lock panels – utilizes a male and female leg that fit together and clips that join the section to the roof. Once screwed in place, the hardware is hidden beneath the next panel, creating a streamlined look.
- Mechanical seams – the edges of this style of roofing panel line up with each other and are then interlocked with a roof seamer. The seam can either be a single lock or double lock.
Choosing the right roofing style for your home is easy when you rely on the expertise of Mammoth Contracting.
Pros and Cons of a Standing Seam Roof
A standing seam roof is a wise home investment. And when you trust your installation to Mammoth Roofing & Solar, you can rest assured the cost is worth it. Here are just a handful of the advantages and disadvantages of a standing seam metal roof.
Advantages of a Metal Roof
- Durability and longevity – Also known as a lifetime roof, your standing seam roof can last 30-50 years and withstand wind speeds up to 140mph!
- Less maintenance – With weather-tight seams and panels that allow for thermal movement, you’ll spend less on repairing leaks and damage.
- Color choices and curb appeal – Increase your house value by tying your roof style into your home’s aesthetic.
- Energy-efficient – Metal roofs reflect sunlight and heat, keeping your home cooler than traditional asphalt shingles and saving you money on cooling costs.
- Fire-resistant – Metal roofs aren’t combustible and when installed correctly can achieve a high fire-resistance rating.
With all of the benefits of installing a standing seam metal roof, it’s no wonder more Central Texas residents rely on Roofing & Solar.
Disadvantages of a Metal Roof
With the good news, comes the bad news. There are always serious considerations to take into account before installing a standing seam roof. Here are some of the downsides of this roofing style.
- High installation cost – A standing seam roof can cost twice as much as an asphalt shingle roof.
- Requires professional installation – Because of the unique design and installation requirements, only trained professionals should install this style of roof.
- Potentially noisy – Without proper insulation, your roof can be noisy when it rains.
While standing seam roofs are more expensive to purchase and install than traditional shingles, they can last 20-30 years longer. Consider your options carefully, and reach out to our team for more information.
Trust the Pros at Mammoth Roofing & Solar
Our team is backed by years of industry experience and we’re committed to providing you with top-quality customer service. When you put your trust in us, you can be confident that we’ll get the job done right.
Eligible customers can apply for financing options to get their new roof installed quickly and worry-free. With Mammoth Roofing & Solar you can stop stressing. With our two-tusk lifetime warranty, we’ve got you covered!
Make the Switch to Metal Roofing
When it’s time to make a smart investment for your home, it’s time to call on the team at Mammoth Roofing & Solar. Increase the value of your house, spend less time maintaining your roof and enjoy your beautiful metal roof for years to come. Ready for your standing seam metal roof installation? Contact us today!